Wow - its a bit of a jump from the S103 course. There are only 6 books for this course, but they are all in the several hundred page range. I opened book 1 "Introduction to diversity", at only 138 pages it is by far the smallest of the books (book 3 is so big its in two volumes!).
I thought I'd read the first chapter - expecting it to be of the "Welcome to the course and here are some general things you should know" type of thing. But no, page 1 and the facts are already coming thick and fast. I wonder what I've let myself in for!
The mailing includes
- A pack of two DVDs containing course material, some programs, some videos etc.
- Book 1 and 2 of the course
- Assignments 1 & 2 - tutor marked assignments (TMAs)
- A calendar of study - showing what you should be studying when
- A computer guide
- An introductory note
- The investigative week 1 instructions (where you do an experiment)
- Study notes for book 1 & 2
- The TMA cover sheets for submitting by mail.
- Some standard OU computer software for online bulletin boards and stuff
- A ring binder for your notes.
Oh well, I have about a month before it needs to be in, and I have got the materials about 2 weeks early, so I'm a little bit ahead. As long as I can keep it up there is a chance.