It looks at various infective agents (as the title implies)
- Bateria -types of bateria such as gram positive/negative. What makes them virulent, and what sort of infections they produce and a bit about combating them.
- Viruses -similar stuff to bacteria. It considers the various types of virus and how they work and what they do to you.
- Prions are next, and apart from a history and some general comments about BSE and so on there isn't a huge amount ot say about them.
- Then on to protoctist, what use to be protozoa and are also known as protoists. Basically mostly single cells eukaryotic cells that can infect.
- Fungi are next, considering things like thrush and athletes foot.
- Finally the bigger parasites, such as tapeworms and roundworms and the flukes.